- The U.S. currently boosts a semiconductor workforce of about half a million.
- By 2030, another 250,000 trained semiconductor engineers are needed to meet the growing demand by industry.
- The University of Florida (UF) with the leadership of the Florida Semiconductor Institute (FSI), is answering the call with a comprehensive educational programs and options.
- UF offers the first comprehensive education & training program codenamed CHIPS-21st. This program offers innovative, flexible degree options for every learner, such as 100% online (EDGE), hands-on modalities, short-courses, micro-credentials, and higher education options in semiconductors, microelectronics, packing, and chip assurance.
CHIPS 21st Curriculum
- CHIPS Content: emerging materials, semiconductors, chip design, microelectronics, Advanced & 3DHI packing, chip assurance, supply chain, sustainable manufacturing, chips & applications (space, electronics, wearables, healthcare, VR/AR, quantum, ) and more.
- U-Chose: Master of Science degree in ‘Semiconductor’ (in-progress), stackable certificates, Bachelor of Science minor/concentration; plus associate degrees through partner Valencia Community College.
- Flexible Learning: online (EDGE) or residential programs.
- 21st Delivery: Virtual labs, avatar learning, chip-full-circle (design, tapeout, package, test, assurance, lifecycle) manufacturing, co-op and internship opportunities, team projects
- National Microelectronics Security training Center (MEST)
- Southeastern Consortium for Assured Leading-Edge Semiconductors (SCALES) Consortium for WFD
- FSI Beyond: industry partners, mentors and advisors including industry senior executives
Our Educational Partners
A premiere microelectronics security training center providing materials offered by leading experts
|Southeastern Consortium for Assured Leading-Edge Semiconductors (SCALES)
SCALES will leverage the consortium members’ exceptional research, engineering, and workforce development capabilities to regain U.S. leadership in advanced and secure semiconductor assembly and packaging technologies while developing an ecosystem to support the reshoring of manufacturing in this critical segment of the electronics supply chain.